Volunteer For Us
Volunteering For CHSS – You have the power to change lives.
Every week over 1,500 volunteers across Scotland help Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (CHSS) to deliver its services and / or help us to raise the funds needed to pay for them.
Delivering over 125,000 hours of volunteering, this equates to an economic benefit of over £1,500,000 to CHSS.
Volunteering is therefore vital to our charity and a highly valued way for people to interact with our charity and those that use our services.
We hold the Investors in Volunteers (IiV) status and are the largest organisation in Scotland to hold this status.
CHSS recieves it’s 4th Investors In Volunteers award (2016)
We are delighted to announce that we have recieved our 4th Award from IIV recognising the achievments of our volunteer programme.
Read the full story and watch the video here: Latest news: CHSS Investors In Volunteers award
Edinburgh Volunteer Centres Volunteer Awards
At the Edinburgh Volunteer Centres Volunteer Awards ceremony in the City Chambers hosted by The Lord Provost on 8th June 2016 we won 5 awards!
- Elizabeth Cownie, Shop floor volunteer Davidson Mains Edinburgh
- Lynne Harley, Enhanced Shop floor volunteer Davidson Mains Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Young Stroke Service Volunteers
Special Recognition Awards
- Rab Thomas, Edinburgh Young Stroke Services– Long Standing Contribution to Volunteering 2016
- Val Smith, Shop floor volunteer Davidson Mains Edinburgh – Charity Shop Volunteering 2016
Our new Volunteer Portal has everything you need including information, documents, training and latest news.
Watch the video to take the tour:
Find out how you can help your local community
Browse through the volunteer information pages on our website to discover how interesting and rewarding volunteering with CHSS can be.