Stroke booklets and factsheets
We provide the following stroke booklets and factsheets on preventing and living with stroke.
- Please note that some PDFs are large and may take a few minutes to download.
- If you would like to use the ‘read out loud’ option for PDFs then you will need to save a copy onto your computer. You can then open the document using Adobe Reader and chose ‘read out loud’ option from the ‘view’ menu.
- Stroke: A Guide to Recovery in Hospital (PDF)
- Stroke: A Guide to Recovery at Home (PDF)
- Coming To Terms With A Stroke (PDF)
- Relationships and sex After Stroke Illness (PDF)
- Stroke: A Carer's Guide (PDF)
- Reducing The Risk Of Stroke (PDF)
- Understanding Transient Ischaemic Attacks (TIAs) & Minor Strokes (PDF)
- Living With High Blood Pressure (PDF)
- Understanding atrial fibrillation (PDF)
- Stop Smoking (PDF)
- Salt (PDF)
- Cholesterol (PDF)
- Helping with communication after stroke (PDF)
- Travel services (PDF)
- Travel and motor insurance (PDF)
- Driving after a stroke (PDF)
- 10 common questions asked after stroke (PDF)
- Bladder and Bowel Management After A Stroke (PDF)
- Air Travel (PDF)
- Visual Problems After A Stroke (PDF)
- Positioning For People Affected By Stroke (PDF)
- Diabetes: The Links With Heart Disease And Stroke (PDF)
- Coping With Tiredness (PDF)
- How To Make The Most Of A Visit To Your Doctor (PDF)
- Managing Stress And Anxiety (PDF)
- Healthy Eating (PDF)
- Swallowing Problems After Stroke (PDF)
- Just Move! (PDF)
- Carotid Endarterectomy (PDF)
- Understanding Central Post Stroke Pain (CPSP) (PDF)
- Coping With Low Mood / Depression (PDF)
- Losing Weight (PDF)
- Financial Support (PDF)
- Understanding Haemorrhagic Stroke (PDF)
Resources for people with aphasia
- Your Stroke Journey – Recovering in Hospital (PDF)
- Your Stroke Journey – Recovering at Home (PDF)
- Aphasia ID Card: credit card size that can be shown by people who have communication difficulties
- Conversation Support Book: an A5 ring bound book with laminated pages that opens flat. It contains 44 pages of images on a variety of topics to help support a conversation with someone who has difficulty communicating due to stroke
These two resources are not available to download. Please use our publications order form to order online.
CHSS provides three different formats of information to help children who have a parent or grandparent who has had a stroke.
- When my Mum / Dad / Grandad / Gran was ill: a ringbound book with fold out pages and activities for younger children (Mum, Dad, Grandad and Gran versions available)
- When my Mum / Dad was ill: A4 comic-style for children of reading age (Mum and Dad versions available)
- Jo’s story: A4 magazine article style for older children
These resources are not available to download. Please use our publications order form to order online.
How to order
Use our Publications Order Form to order on line.
- Stroke Booklets and Factsheets are available free of charge in Scotland. If you require more than 100 of either please contact the Health Information Department.
- Outwith Scotland a charge of £1 per booklet and 50p per factsheet will apply. Individual prices are shown for other items.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery.
- Large print and other needs may be available on request.
Call the CHSS health Information Team on 0131 225 6963
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top