Heart factsheets & booklets
We provide the following health information booklets on living with various heart conditions.
- Please note that some PDFs are large and may take a few minutes to download.
- If you would like to use the ‘read out loud’ option for PDFs then you will need to save a copy onto your computer. You can then open the document using Adobe Reader and chose ‘read out loud’ option from the ‘view’ menu.
- Living With Angina H1, (PDF)
- Reducing The Risk Of Heart Disease H2, (PDF)
- Understanding Heart Disease H3, (PDF)
- Living With High Blood Pressure H4, (PDF)
- Living With Heart Failure H5, (PDF)
- Living With A Pacemaker H6, (PDF)
- Heart Attack: A Guide to your Recovery H7, (PDF)
- Understanding Heart Valve Problems H8, (PDF)
- Atrial Fibrillation H9, (PDF)
- Living with an ICD H10, (PDF)
- Stop Smoking (PDF)
- Salt (PDF)
- Cholesterol (PDF)
- Warfarin (PDF)
- Holiday Information (PDF)
- Sympathetic Insurance Companies (PDF)
- Air Travel (PDF)
- Diabetes: The Links With Heart Disease And Stroke (PDF)
- Coping With Tiredness (PDF)
- How To Make The Most Of A Visit To Your Doctor (PDF)
- Living With Stress And Anxiety (PDF)
- Healthy Eating (PDF)
- Just Move! (PDF)
- Understanding Your Home Oxygen Therapy (PDF)
- Coping With Low Mood / Depression (PDF)
- Understanding the need for changes after a heart attack (PDF)
- Losing weight (PDF)
- Financial Support (PDF)
How to order
You can use our online order form or the form at the bottom of this page.
- Booklets and Factsheets are available free of charge in Scotland. If you require more than 100 of either please contact the Health Information Department.
- Outwith Scotland a charge of £1 per booklet and 50p per factsheet will apply. Individual prices are shown for other items.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery.
- Large print and other needs may be available on request.
- Call the CHSS health Information Team on 0131 225 6963
- Email us at: email@example.com
About our health information resources
- All our CHSS health information resources are written and reviewed by health professionals and are based on current research guidelines for the conditions concerned.
- CHSS takes no responsibility for the consequences of error, loss or damage suffered by users of any information published on these pages and the downloaded literature.
- The information is presented in a clear, easy to understand format, together with comprehensive lists of useful contacts and services.
- The information does not replace the advice of your doctor or healthcare professional. If you have concerns or queries about any aspect of your health, please seek advice from a properly qualified health worker.