Cardiac & Respiratory Support Volunteer (Inverness)
We are Scotland’s health charity.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical research, influencing public policy, advice and information and support in the community.
- Medical research
- Advice and information
- Support in the community
This is an opportunity to undertake a satisfying and rewarding role as part of our team at Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland. The service will take place in the service users home. Volunteers will provide positive companionship and social support. Potential volunteers must have a competent level of the English language.
The role includes:
- visiting a service user for an agreed period (minimum 6 months)
- visiting a service user on a weekly or fortnightly basis agreed by both service user and volunteer
- attending all training relating to role
- liaise regularly with coordinator for supervision sessions
- submitting monthly records of visits to coordinator
Volunteers will undertake training in:
- Strategies and techniques of communication support
- Inclusion with appropriate level of support for both groups and one to one conversations
This will ensure service users are supported effectively by their communication support partner
Training will be carried out under the guidance of the local co-ordinator and Communication Trainer
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland will provide all necessary training .
All volunteers are supported by their line manager.
- Cardiac & Respiratory Support Volunteer (Inverness)
- Tel: 0800 169 5139 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland Inverness Regional Office 5 Mealmarket Terrace Inverness IV1 1HT
- Role Type: Cardiac & Respiratory Support Service