Scottish Government consulations
COSMIC Resources (Champions of Self Management in Care)
- Includes the following organisations
- Scottish Health Council
- Participation Toolkit
- e-Participation Toolkit
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
- Healthcare Environment Inspectorate
- Scottish Medicines Consortium
- Scottish Health Technologies Group
- Scottish Patient Safety Programme
Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland is a new regulatory body, Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCSWIS), is responsible for regulating social services. Independent healthcare services are regulated by Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
Joint Improvement Team (JIT) works directly with local health and social care partnerships across Scotland.
Little things make a big difference: valuing people
Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) for complaints from the public.
An independent site about your experiences of UK health services, good or bad. They pass your stories to the right people to make a difference.
NHS Education Scotland
The Health Foundation
The Health Foundation conduct research and evaluation, put ideas into practice through a range of improvement programmes, support and develop leaders and share evidence to drive wider change.
- Person-centred care resources centre: self management support
- Person-centred care made simple: Quick guide
- Person Centred Care made simple animation
- The Health Foundation resources section
- The Health Foundation You Tube channel
- Discover person-centred care
Explore how healthcare professionals and the public are working together for improved health outcomes and a more sustainable health service
The Knowledge Network: NHSScotland
Skills for Supporting Self Care
- Common Core Principles to Support Self Care 2009
- Training manual for principles for supporting self care 2009
- works in partnership with their members, NHS, Local Authorities and the Scottish Government to develop and implement policy and good practice – including Gaun Yersel, the Self Management Strategy for Scotland
- administers the Self Management Fund for Scotland
- leading on the My Condition My Terms My Life Self Management Awareness Raising Campaign
- supports Scotland’s Self Management Week
- The Health and Social Care Academy’s website will promote new developments in health and social care and help share thought provoking content, innovative ideas and change.
- The People Powered Health and Wellbeing website showcases a range of useful resources about co-production and person centred care, including reports, videos, news and events.
- The Self Management Network Scotland website offers the opportunity to 'join the conversation' about Self Management, share your experiences and hear about innovative approaches from across the country.
Access to Local Information for Scotland (ALISS). This is wide-ranging project taking a number of approaches to making it easier to find local self management support.
The Thistle Foundation work with a wide range of health and social care professionals to encourage culture change towards a focus on the person, not the health condition or disability.Back to top
INVOLVE have detailed guides to patient and public involvement, including quotes from people who have been involved in research about their experience. There are public information packs and a research jargon buster all which can be downloaded from the INVOLVE website.
PiiAF has been produced to help researchers assess the impacts of involving members of the public in their research.
WTCRF Education Programme: What is Patient and Public Involvement? Portal for both researchers and the public
CHSS is an NHS Scotland Information Partner
Scotland's health information service.
Comprehensive health information provided by GPs and nurses to patients in consultationsBack to top