We value your unwanted items!
Your unwanted goods can raise money to help support people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illnesses. Donating has never been easier…
• Drop off a bag at your local store! Support your local CHSS store by donating good-quality clothes, accessories, books, music, collectables and more. Find out what donations your local shop needs.
• If you have a particularly large donation, we're happy to help! Call your local store to schedule a collection.
• Make donating an event. A really fun way to support CHSS is by organising your own donation event at your workplace, school, club or anywhere you choose! We will supply you with everything you’ll need to market the event and schedule a collection.
• Gift Aid it! On average a bag of donations is worth about £15 to us. (And if you sign up to Gift Aid as well, we can turn every £15 from unwanted goods into £18.75!) It’s a great way of increasing the value of your donation at no cost to you. Ask staff in your local store for more details.
• Turn “rags” to riches! We accept old clothes or linen (torn, stained, clean or not), odd shoes and broken handbags. Just put them in a bag, mark it “RAG” (so our volunteers don’t have to open it) and give it to us to sell to the rag merchant.
CHSS has also recently launched a Foreign Currency campaign which now allows us to collect foreign coin donations. Many of us return from our lovely holidays in the sun laden down with spare foreign coins which cannot be exchanged. You can now take these spare coins into your nearest CHSS store and deposit them in one of the foreign coin collection cans!