What is ‘The Bikeathon?
- The Bikeathon is an annual family friendly cycle event on quiet public roads and cycle routes over an approximate distance of 25 miles
- The Bikeathon is based in and around the Highland village of Kingussie in the Cairngorms National Park
- The Bikeathon event is organised by Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland supported by many wonderful helpers and volunteers
- The Bikeathon is an important fundraising event with all proceeds from the Bikeathon going to support Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland’s services – improving the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical research, advice and information and support in the community
- The Bikeathon is staged in conjunction with the exciting annual Kingussie BikeFest Scotland event and Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland are delighted to be working with Cycle Friendly Kingussie and the local community in hosting the event. For more information about the BikeFest please see www.cyclefriendlykingussie.org
- The Bikeathon welcomes cyclists of all ages and abilities and all types of bike are welcome
- The Bikeathon is definitely not a race! The Bikeathon is an enjoyable and healthy cycle ride for all set in a very scenic and friendly location
- The Bikeathon Registration, Start and Finish are all located close to the centre of Kingussie
- The Bikeathon cycle route will be well-signed and marshaled with a number of refreshment points along the way
- All Bikeathon participants are provided with an event number and event t-shirt and all participants receive a well-deserved medal at the finish line
- All participants are required to wear an approved cycle helmet at all times on the ride
- Entry fee is £15 for adults (16 years and over) and £5 for Juniors (Under 16 years)
- You can easily enter family groups and teams using the online registration system and by paper entry forms
- Participants can really support Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland through getting sponsored for their cycle ride or by making a donation. Sponsor forms and details for online fundraising are sent to all participants
- Details of The Bikeathon 2017 route and final event information will be posted very soon...
How to Take Part...
It’s really easy to sign up online to the Bikeathon at this link .... and you can easily register all your family or friends as a team with your own personalised team name!
OR call low cost 0300 1212 777 or email email@example.com to get entry forms sent out to you