Stroke factsheets & booklets
We provide the following stroke booklets and factsheets on preventing and living with stroke.
- Please note that some PDFs are large and may take a few minutes to download.
- If you would like to use the ‘read out loud’ option for PDFs then you will need to save a copy onto your computer. You can then open the document using Adobe Reader and chose ‘read out loud’ option from the ‘view’ menu.
- Stroke: A Guide to Recovery in Hospital (PDF)
- Stroke: A Carer’s Guide SS2, (PDF)
- Reducing The Risk Of Stroke SS3, (PDF)
- Stroke: A Guide to Recovery at Home (PDF)
- Understanding Transient Ischaemic Attacks (TIAs) & Minor Strokes SS5, (PDF)
- Relationships and sex After Stroke Illness SS6, (PDF)
- Stroke In Younger People SS7, (PDF)
- Coming To Terms With A Stroke SS8, (PDF)
- Understanding Thrombolysis Treatment For Stroke SS10, (PDF)
- Living With High Blood Pressure H4, (PDF)
- Stopping Smoking F1, (PDF)
- Salt F2, (PDF)
- Cholesterol F3, (PDF)
- Warfarin F4, (PDF)
- Helping with communication after stroke F5, (PDF)
- Holiday information F6, (PDF)
- Travel and motor insurance F7 (PDF)
- Driving after a stroke F9, (PDF)
- 10 common questions asked after stroke F10, (PDF)
- Bladder and Bowel Management After A Stroke F12, (PDF)
- Air Travel F13, (PDF)
- Visual Problems After A Stroke F14, (PDF)
- Memory Problems After A Stroke F15, (PDF)
- Positioning For People Affected By Stroke F16, (PDF)
- Diabetes: The Links With Heart Disease And Stroke F17, (PDF)
- Coping With Tiredness F18, (PDF)
- Illustrated Risk Factors (Ethnic Minority) F20, (PDF)
- Illustrated Risk Factors (General Target Audience) F21, (PDF)
- How To Make The Most Of A Visit To Your Doctor F22, (PDF)
- Living With Stress And Anxiety F23, (PDF)
- Healthy Eating F24, (PDF)
- Swallowing Problems After Stroke F29, (PDF)
- Just Move! F30, (PDF)
- Carotid Endarterectomy F31, (PDF)
- Understanding Central Post Stroke Pain (CPSP) F33, (PDF)
- Coping With Low Mood / Depression F37, (PDF)
- Understanding Functional Limb Weakness F38, (PDF)
- Losing Weight F40, (PDF)
- Financial Support F41, (PDF)
- Understanding Haemorrhagic Stroke F42, (PDF)
How to order
Use our Publications Order Form to order on line.
- Stroke Booklets and Factsheets are available free of charge in Scotland. If you require more than 100 of either please contact the Health Information Department.
- Outwith Scotland a charge of £1 per booklet and 50p per factsheet will apply. Individual prices are shown for other items.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery.
- Large print and other needs may be available on request.
Call the CHSS health Information Team on 0131 225 6963
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About our health information resources
- All our health information resources are written and reviewed by health professionals and are based on current research guidelines for the conditions concerned.
- CHSS takes no responsibility for the consequences of error, loss or damage suffered by users of any information published on these pages and the downloaded literature.
- The information is presented in a clear, easy to understand format, together with comprehensive lists of useful contacts and services.
- The information does not replace the advice of your doctor or healthcare professional. If you have concerns or queries about any aspect of your health, please seek advice from a properly qualified health worker.