Lothian and Borders
The stroke training courses in Lothian are delivered in partnership with Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland and the NHS Lothian and have been running since 2001. The partnership extended to incorporate NHS Borders in 2006.
All courses are open to health professionals and social service staff employed within NHS Lothian. There will be allocated spaces on NHS Lothian stroke training courses for health and social care staff from the Borders. Please contact the Stroke Education Facilitator directly to discuss this further.
The courses have been designed as:
- Current Care in Stroke Part 1 – a two day course which can take up to 20 participants
- Current Care in Stroke Part 2 – a two day course which can take up to 20 participants
- Single Stroke Study Days - a one day training course that focuses on a specific topic in stroke care.
- Stroke Awareness Study Day - a one day training course for social services, voluntary and private sector staff.
Each course and study day stands alone, the content having been carefully chosen to address the knowledge and skills required at that particular level.
The courses and study days aim to be:
- Relevant to the workplace
- Reflective of practice
- Empowering and enabling
- Challenging, but supportive and non judgmental
- Confidence building
Specifically designed study days can be set up in order to address the learning needs of particular staff groups.
Who delivers the training?
The Stroke Education Facilitator alongside a team of trainers who all have specific interest and experience in stroke deliver the training.
How do I apply for the courses?
Go to our booking form and details page for the stroke course to suit you or contact:
Stroke Education Facilitator for Lothian and Borders
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland
9 Haymarket Terrace
Tel 0131225 6963
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a booking email: email@example.comBack to top