Study Day in Stroke Care (Part 1)
The Current Care in Stroke study day aims to complement and expand upon the Stroke Core Competencies. The programme offers an intensive study day which further develops upon these 20 competencies and is open to all levels of health and social care staff working with people and their families who have experienced stroke.
Relevant nursing staff will also have the opportunity to undergo water swallow test training.
Prior to attending this training day, participants are requested to complete the online Core Competencies accessible via STARs (Stroke Training & Awareness Resources).
- Increase their knowledge, skills and confidence related to stroke care
- Be able to identify areas for further personal learning and development e.g. attend Current Care in Stroke (Part 2)
- Apply knowledge into practice through the use of the Stroke Competency Toolkit (SCoT)
- Introduction & Core Competencies
- Acute Management & Secondary Prevention
- What’s OT got to do with it?
- Communication Impairments & how to help
- Swallowing difficulties after stroke
- Experiencing effects of stroke workshop
- Nutrition & Stroke
- Psychological Effects of Stroke
- Functional positioning
- Continence Management
- Discharge Planning