Dumfries and Galloway
The Training Courses in Stroke Care are delivered in partnership between Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland and NHS Dumfries & Galloway.
These are accessible to all health and social care staff throughout the region who work with people and their families who have had a stroke. The courses give opportunity to reflect the continuing advances in stroke care and also highlight developments within this region.
All courses aim to be relevant to the workplace and reflective of practice. Participants benefit from presentations given by experienced clinicians working within stroke services.
The generic courses, Current Care in Stroke Part 1 & 2, provide some continuation in aspects of stroke care and incorporate the main topics and issues relevant to stroke management. Other courses are also available which are tailored to meet the needs of specific groups or areas involved in stroke care.
The format and content of the course are updated regularly to meet the needs of staff working within NHS Dumfries & Galloway. To increase accessibility for all staff, the courses are held in both Dumfries and Newton Stewart.
- Stroke Educational Sessions 2016
- STAT (Stroke & TIA Assessment Training) - January 19th 2016
- Single Stroke Study Day – half or full day study days focusing on a single topic in stroke care
- Care Home & Care Agency Study Day – full day course specifically designed for staff working within these sectors
- Specifically Designed study days – designed to meet the particular needs of specific staff groups – apply directly to the Stroke Education facilitator.
How to apply for the courses
Go to our booking form and details page for the stroke course to suit you or contact:
Stroke Education Facilitator for NHS Dumfries & Galloway
Tel: 07843 211656