- Voices Scotland – helping you to have your say
- How can Voices Scotland help you?
- How to join / find out more about Voices Scotland
The focus of healthcare in Scotland is changing from the buildings and organisations to you... the patients and carers. The professionals are looking for your views and opinions on the future for Scotland and Voices Scotland can help you to have your voice heard.
The Scottish Government have continually encouraged NHS Boards to engage with patients and carers over the last 10 years.
- 'We will continue to give patients an influential voice in the future of the health service and in their own individual care'
(Scottish Executive Delivering for Health 2005)
- 'A new ethos for health in Scotland that sees the Scottish people and the staff of the NHS as partners, or co-owners, in the NHS. I want us to move to a more mutual NHS where partners have real involvement, representation and a voice that is heard.'
(Nicola Sturgeon, Better Health Better Care 2007)
- 'We need to ensure that patient focus and public involvement are core drivers of decision making and not an afterthought or side issue.'
(Better Health Better Care; Scottish Government 2007)
Your voice can make a difference to the health of Scotland and getting involved can also be a valuable and fascinating experience. You can learn new skills and meet like–minded people and the professionals.
Whatever your background and experience you can bring a valued voice and leave knowing that you have made a real difference.
Back to top
The Voices Scotland section is where you will find regularly updated information on:
- Chest Voices: free training and support for respiratory patients available across Scotland. Join the register to be kept informed.
- Hearty Voices Scotland: free training and support for heart patients available across Scotland. Join the register to be kept informed.
- Stroke Voices: free accessible training and support for stroke patients available across Scotland. Join the register to be kept informed.
- Voices Scotland Conference
- Opportunities to Get Involved: find out who is looking for your experiences and views.
- Projects Under Development: find out about exciting new initiatives within Voices Scotland.
- Useful Documents: guides, documents and links to keep you informed.
- Glossary: a glossary of terms used within healthcare services.
- Professional Resources: guidelines on' effective user involvement' and 'how to develop a mutual MCN'.
Back to top
For information on how to join Voices Scotland please download our Voices Scotland Leaflet (see Related Documents).
For the latest Voices Scotland newsletter see Related Documents.
For more information please:
- Email: Voices Scotland
- Tel: 0131 225 6963
Back to top