What Can I Do?
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (CHSS) improves the quality of life for people
in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical
research, influencing public policy, advice and information, and
support in the community.
Volunteers are a vital part of CHSS. Without their dedicated support none of our work would be possible.
We offer a range of services throughout Scotland, including support for families and other carers. We fund all of this through our own efforts.
You can help by volunteering your time to:
- Find out about our latest volunteer roles on our volunteer focus page
- Take service users to and from community stroke services as one of our drivers
- Help at community stroke services and activities as a social / refreshment volunteer
- Become a transport escort volunteer supporting service users to attend our services
- Become a trained communication partner / outreach communication partner for people with communication problems
- Become a heart failure volunteer
- Become a heart failure / COPD volunteer
- Help in a CHSS high street store: on the sales floor, in the stock room, as a store driver, as a merchandise volunteer, as a books and music merchandise volunteer, as an administrative volunteer or as a volunteer recruiter
- Support our fundraising efforts either by helping out at events or by providing administrative support
- Help out with our Retail Administration Team supporting us with data entry and administrative tasks
- Help support our Welfare Committee by assessing grant applications
If you do not see a volunteering role that interests you, and you feel that you have particular skills that you would like to offer, please contact the Volunteer Department Manager.
For further information about any volunteering roles please click on the individual pages or complete the following form: