Investing In Volunteers
We value our volunteers—we could not do it without them!
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (CHSS) is the largest national organisation to date to receive the award Investing in Volunteers(IiV) .
- CHSS has over 1,200 volunteers.
- Total economic benefits of volunteering within the organisation is over £1.2million.
- Delivering almost 125,000 hours of volunteering.
There are 4 areas of volunteer involvement that the standard looks at
- Planning for volunteer involvement
- Recruiting volunteers
- Selecting and matching volunteers
- Supporting and retaining volunteers
To receive the award
- CHSS had to submit evidence of organisational supporting policies, procedures and training.
- A representation of staff from each department including the executive had to undertake assessment interviews.
- IiV did not only want to take our word but interviewed 80 volunteers across the country to ensure they were supported and valued.