• Exciting new route introduced for 2015! Following the opening of the full Loch Leven Heritage Trail in Summer 2014 we are proud to offer a new walking route to our annual Loch Leven Walkathon. Will you take on the 13 mile walking challenge? The equivalent of walking a half marathon around the scenic loch!
• Alternatively you can also choose from either a 6km (3.7miles) or 11km (6.8 miles) sponsored walk along the stunning Loch Leven Heritage Trail.
• The routes start and finish at the Boathouse Bistro in Kinross. All routes are along well-maintained, traffic free footpaths. The walks are signposted, with fantastic views, and there will be event marshalls to cheer you along.
• Walkers can sign in and start their walk at any time between 10am and 11.30am (9am and 9.30pm for the 13 mile walkers).
• Every walker will receive a certificate and medal.
Email: email@example.com or call: 0300 1212 444
Our Lanarkshire Loch Walkathon is a 5K sponsored walk around the 16 acre Loch within the James Hamilton Heritage Park, East Kilbride. (upto 4 x round the Loch or about 8000 steps!)
The route starts and finishes in front of the Boathouse, along a well-maintained, traffic free footpath.
- Walkers can turn up, register and start their walk at any time between 9.00am and 10.30am.
- Every walker will receive a medal of accomplishment.
- The walk is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, wheelchair users, buggies, and well behaved dogs are welcome too!
- Participant entry fee of £10 for Adults & £5 for Young Persons (5yrs – 17yrs) Children under 5 Free. Optional sponsor forms will be sent to all entrants.
- Click here to set up an online sponsorship page.
Thank you so much for your continued support at this event.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0300 1212 999
• A sponsored walk along the famous Aberdeen Beach Promenade starting at the mouth of the River Dee, heading along the sea front promenade to the mouth of the River Don, and then returns back along the promenade to the River Dee
• Participants can choose to walk the whole 5 mile route in total or any lesser distance to suit their ability and comfort – it’s really all about taking part!
• The walk route is on pedestrian footpaths and will be well-signed together with event marshals to cheer you along
• Participants can turn up, register and start their walk at any time between 9.30am and 11am and every walker gets an event medal and goody bag as well as a ‘Dee-Don Walkathon’ event number to show they are taking part
• The walk is suitable for participants of all ages and fitness levels and wheelchair users, prams, buggies, pushchairs and well-behaved dogs (and owners) are all very welcome
• Groups of walkers are very welcomed too; clubs, teams, families, friends, colleagues
Email: email@example.com or call: 0300 1212 777
Our Bonnie Winter Walkathon & 5K, around the beautiful and historical Eglinton Country Park, situated between Irvine and Kilwinning is a perfect end of year event for the whole family.
Choose to Walk or Jog up to 5K around the circular traffic free route.
Santa Suits Optional!
Everyone can help Scotland’s Health Charity.
- The event is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, wheelchair users, buggies, and well-behaved dogs are welcome too!
- Every participant will receive a medal of accomplishment.
- Participant entry fee of £10 for Adults & £5 for Young Persons (5yrs – 17yrs) Children under 5 Free. Optional sponsor forms will be sent to all entrants. You can also set up an online sponsorship page via JustGiving.com also.
In Ayrshire alone over 4,500 people are affected by chronic chest illness, nearly 13,000 by heart disease and over 5,500 by stroke. Thank you so much for your support.
See photos from the 2013 Walkathon here.