Thank you to everyone who supported and attended the Loch Leven Walkathon this year. You have helped raise nearly £10,000 and counting!
Pictures taken on the day can now be seen on the CHSS Flickr stream here
If you have further sponsorship/donations from your walk to transfer to CHSS please get in touch on email@example.com or 0300 1212 444, or to make a payment online please click here.
• Exciting new route introduced for 2015! Following the opening of the full Loch Leven Heritage Trail in Summer 2014 we are proud to offer a new walking route to our annual Loch Leven Walkathon. Will you take on the 13 mile walking challenge? The equivalent of walking a half marathon around the scenic loch!
• Alternatively you can also choose from either a 6km (3.7miles) or 11km (6.8 miles) sponsored walk along the stunning Loch Leven Heritage Trail.
• The routes start and finish at the Boathouse Bistro in Kinross. All routes are along well-maintained, traffic free footpaths. The walks are signposted, with fantastic views, and there will be event marshalls to cheer you along.
• Walkers can sign in and start their walk at any time between 10am and 11.30am (9am and 9.30pm for the 13 mile walkers).
• Every walker will receive a certificate and medal.
• A sponsored walk along the famous Aberdeen Beach Promenade starting at the mouth of the River Dee, heading along the sea front promenade to the mouth of the River Don, and then returns back along the promenade to the River Dee
• Participants can choose to walk the whole 5 mile route in total or any lesser distance to suit their ability and comfort – it’s really all about taking part!
• The walk route is on pedestrian footpaths and will be well-signed together with event marshals to cheer you along
• Participants can turn up, register and start their walk at any time between 9.30am and 11am and every walker gets an event medal and goody bag as well as a ‘Dee-Don Walkathon’ event number to show they are taking part
• The walk is suitable for participants of all ages and fitness levels and wheelchair users, prams, buggies, pushchairs and well-behaved dogs (and owners) are all very welcome
• Groups of walkers are very welcomed too; clubs, teams, families, friends, colleagues