Scottish Stroke AHP Forum (SSAHPF)
- Aims and objectives of the forum
- SSAHP Conference – 9th June 2016
- Education, research & conferences
- Related documents
- Further information
To promote the highest quality of rehabilitation for people with stroke
- To promote awareness of the essential role of Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) in stroke
- To share and develop knowledge and expertise in stroke
- To promote education, training and best practice for AHPs working in stroke
- To promote, facilitate and disseminate stroke research and to encourage implementation of research findings
- To influence decision making on local/national policies and guidelines
- To facilitate networking, support and mentorship
The membership of the Forum is for AHPs, AHP support staff and AHP students (undergraduates in final year and postgraduates) working / studying in Scotland. Members are required to update the directory details regularly to renew their membership.
The Forum’s committee members shall be representative of AHPs working in stroke for their NHS Board area, University or Stroke Charity.
Date still to be confirmed for the next meeting.
Back to top
‘Living with Stroke’ – Dewars Centre, Perth
Online registration is now closed.
For further information of how to pay on the day of the conference, please contact SSAHPF Treasurer Morag Ogilvie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
View the SSAHPF Conference Programme (PDF)
- CHSS Training Courses
- STARs (Stroke Training and Awareness Resources)
- SCoT (Stroke Competency Toolkit)
Stroke Related Conferences:Back to top
- SIGN (Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network)
- NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence)
- SSAHPF Newsletter April 2016 (PDF)
- SSAHPF Practice Development Guidelines and Form (PDF)
- Returning to driving after a stroke: A guide for occupational therapists when assessing a person’s ability to drive after a stroke (PDF)
- Returning to driving after a stroke: A guide for healthcare professionals in Scotland (PDF)
- Electrical Stimulation Consensus Statement (SSAHPF) (PDF)
- Electrical Stimulation Consensus Statement – Quick Reference (SSAHPF) (PDF)
- SSAHP Forum Constitution (PDF)
- strokecharterscotland.org.uk – The Charter for people living with stroke in Scotland
- Gill Alexander (SSAHP Chair)
AHP Stroke Consultant for NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
Email: Gill Alexander email@example.com
- A discussion board is under review. Please contact us for more information.